Jerrod H. Montgomery is Managing Partner at Brandon, Schmidt & Montgomery, practicing insurance defense, medical malpractice defense, and general civil litigation. Mr. Montgomery earned his Bachelors of Science degree, in Kinesiology from Southern Illinois University, and then received his Juris Doctorate degree, summa cum laude, from Southern Illinois University School of Law. From May 2016 to May 2017, Mr. Montgomery was as an editor for the Southern Illinois University Law Journal. During this time, he authored a comment regarding habeas procedures in federal death penalty cases within the Seventh Circuit. Mr. Montgomery also served as the Brief Writing Justice on the Southern Illinois University Moot Court Executive Board. Prior to joining Brandon, Schmidt & Montgomery, Mr. Montgomery was a judicial law clerk for the First Judicial Circuit Court in Jackson County, Illinois. Mr. Montgomery is admitted to practice law in all state courts of Illinois.
- J.D., Southern Illinois University School of Law, summa cum laude, 2017
- B.S., Southern Illinois University, 2010
- Illinois State Bar
- Jerrod H. Montgomery., Reining in the Writ: Limiting the Seventh Circuit’s Discretion under 28 U.S.C § 2255 in Federal Death Penalty Cases, 41 S. ILL. L.J. 439 (2017).
- Order of Barristers
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Jackson Country Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association