Wm. Kent BrandonSenior Partner
- Email Us
Wm. Kent Brandon, born in Carbondale, Illinois, has strong connections to Southern Illinois. A Senior Partner at Brandon & Schmidt, Mr. Brandon practices insurance defense, litigation, workers’ compensation, and personal injury law. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Southern Illinois University and earned his Juris Doctorate degree from Northwestern University School of Law.
Mr. Brandon has attained the highest possible rating fromMartindale Hubbell, the national directory of attorneys, demonstrating preeminent legal ability and the highest standard of ethics. He is a former U.S. Magistrate of the Eastern District of Illinois, and is the author of “Magistrate Practice in Civil Matters,” which was published in the Federal Civil Practice.
Mr. Brandon is admitted to practice in all state courts of Illinois, the U.S. District of the Southern District of Illinois, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Illinois State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Magistrate, Eastern District of Illinois, 1971-75
Honors & Awards
- AV rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Author, “Magistrate Practice in Civil Matters,” Federal Civil Practice, 1974
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Jackson County Bar Association
- President, 1975
- Secretary, 1965-66