Phillip G. Palmer, Jr.Associate
- Email Us
Phillip G. Palmer Jr. is an Associate at Brandon & Schmidt, practicing insurance defense, medical malpractice defense, litigation, and personal injury law. Mr. Palmer earned his Bachelor of Arts degree, summa cum laude, in Psychology from Southern Illinois University, and then received his Juris Doctorate degree, magna cum laude, from Southern Illinois University School of Law.
From April 2014 through May 2015, Mr. Palmer acted as the Student Managing Editor for the Legal Medicine Perspectives section of the Journal of Legal Medicine. Mr. Palmer has authored three published works on the topics of health law for the Journal of Legal Medicine and co-authored another publication on jury decision making for Psychiatry, Psychology, and Law.
Mr. Palmer is admitted to practice law in all state courts of Illinois.
- J.D., Southern Illinois University School of Law, magna cum laude, 2015
- B.A., Southern Illinois University, summa cum laude, 2012
- Illinois State Bar
- Phillip G. Palmer Jr., Deadly Dimethylamylamine: “Health” Supplements are Killing Consumers While Current Regulations Impede FDA Action, Journal of Legal Medicine, Vol. 35, P. 311-336 (2014).
- Phillip G. Palmer Jr., Medical Device Immunity: Should Promotion of Off-Label Uses Leave Medical Device Manufacturers Vulnerable to Unlimited Liability? Journal of Legal Medicine, Vol. 35, P. 553-577 (2014).
- Phillip G. Palmer Jr., Indiana Court Adds to Sparse HIPAA Liability Precedent Ruling in Favor of Patient, Legal Medicine Perspectives – American College of Legal Medicine, Vol. 23, No. 4, P. 9-10 (Spring 2015).
- Eric E. Jones, Phillip G. Palmer Jr., & Abby D. Bandy. The Effect of Inconsistency on Evaluations of a Second Eyewitness: It depends on who testifies first. Psychiatry, Psychology, and Law.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Jackson County Bar Association, Member
- Southern Illinois American Inn of Court, Member