Charles E. SchmidtManaging Partner
- Email Us
Charles E. Schmidt is a Managing Partner at Brandon & Schmidt, practicing insurance defense, medical malpractice defense, litigation, and personal injury law. Mr. Schmidt earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Southern Illinois University, and then received his Juris Doctorate degree,magna cum laude, from Southern Illinois University School of Law.
Mr. Schmidt has obtained the highest possible rating fromMartindale Hubbell, the national directory of attorneys, demonstrating superior legal ability and the highest standard of ethics. In addition, he has authored two law review articles on medical malpractice and personal injury for theSouthern Illinois University Law Journal.
Mr. Schmidt is admitted to practice in all state courts of Illinois, the U.S. District Court of the Southern District of Illinois, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- J.D., Southern Illinois University School of Law, magna cum laude, 1977
- Phi Alpha Delta, Member
- B.S., Southern Illinois University, 1974
- Illinois State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Honors & Awards
- AV rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Author: “Survey of Illinois Law: Medical Malpractice,” Southern Illinois University Law Journal, Vol. 22, 1998
- “Recovery for Loss of Society and Companionship in Wrongful Death and Personal Injury Actions,” Southern Illinois University Law Journal, Vol. 13, P. 319, 1989.